Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Tide Jan 2010

I mentioned in my blog on January 4th about the New Tide 4 page interview that I was so excited to get my hands on. Well, so many mishaps. Fristly, I cut out the page and lost one page. Then when I got my hands on all of them, I had to send them for scanning, so I ended up with none. But I finally manage to get them back.

Again, like a typical banana (yellow on the outside but white on the inside) that I am, I really have no idea what they wrote about. Apparently, my cousins read it and they were rolling around in laughter. Said that they didn't know all the juicy stuff that the writer revealed! Interesting! So, if you're Chinese literate and don't mind translating it, please tell me, tell me...what's so farnee?

Oh btw, I wanted to smile, but Shim from New Tide wanted me to look "cool". Which (cause I'm no model) failed so badly cause I look so "cold". Hahahaha.....but all's good! It doesn't look entirely bad. In fact, I kinda liked it until my fiance asked me "Why so angry?".... to which I replied, "Huh? Where got?".... Anyway, I still like this interview, which took a whole day. But that's Shim and his style of getting you to talk to him naturally, like a friend. Great guy! Oh and he got to meet Lin Chi Ling (gorgeous and stunning Longines ambassador on the cover of the magazine) for an interview that appeared a few pages before mine. Did I mention, I was on the cover too....hahahaha... not my face...but my name!

Ohhhh kay...enough of myself (just excited). Check it out! Here you go! :) See see....

Above: New Tide Jan 2010 Issue with Lin Chi Ling on the cover. Check out her Longines ad. She's gorgeous!

Above: First two pages of the 4 page article written by Shim from New Tide. Wearing my collection previewed at the Martell Rising Personalities Gala Dinner. Not uploaded online yet. They are made of acrylic cuts with lots of diamantes and feathers. One of my favourite collections that I pushed myself to design. It was very apt with the "Rise Above" motto and outlook on things that we do. It's something I've never tried before. Can't wait to share it. :) Will post it up soon.

Above: 3rd anf 4th pages of the interview with a group shot of the models at the Martell Gala Dinner. Too bad some of the really grundge black feather pieces didn't stand out on the clothings that were change at the last minute. But I'll post them up individuall on my website soon. Very limited pieces. As for the "cold" picture, apparently, I look like I wanna eat someone in this green floral dress :) Well, I don't! *smiles big big*

Hope you enjoyed it!