Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Female May 2010

Firstly, to my dear loyal customers, appologies for not updating the website with new pieces for some time. Reason being, I have trouble looking for a photographer to do product shoots for me. No pictures, no uploads. So, if you know of anyone, do let me know, urgently. You can email me at admin@szeaccessories.com or get them to email me. Thanks in advance.

As below, finally, did a shoot with Female after almost two years. They did one when Sze Accessories first started (January 2008) and featured some of our stuff too (December 2007). Lately, in 2010, they have given us more miledge and support. This is a great step to seeing Sze Accessories getting recognise in the top English women's magazine in Malaysia. Vice versa, seeing local magazines promote local brands. Great support Female! :)

This interview by Wan Lee, freelance writer for Female, comes with insights into life as a Jewelry Designer working from home. There are some juicy bits that I don't usually share inserted subtly into the interview. On another note, I got a message from a friend in the middle of the night, "Hey, you're in Female. Erm...are you pregnant?". So, to make things clear, no I'm not pregnant and no I don't have children yet, although the interview sort of stipulates a very homey-mo-mey feel. LOL! The dress kinda makes me look a bitttt...fleshy? Will only start to think about babies next year ;P As for fleshy, I've been hitting the gym to stay healthy.

Above: Female Cover for May 2010 with the very slim Lucy Liu on the front.

Above: Behind the scene. Top right hand corner of the page with Wan Lee fooling around in the background. After some chatting, the writer and I found out that we were from the same church. Understatement- small world! Thanks for the article Wan! :)

Above: It's the dress! Anyways, this article's got some little insights into the tougher side of things. Reality bites! (Sometimes, really hard in your derrier, especially, when you're not looking). So, it's not always what it seems :) Below are the earrings worn in this shoot. Intricately handmade and only a few pieces left.

Above: Summer Rain

Type: Earrings
Size: 4" x 0.9"
[Handmade and Designed by Sze]
A delicate pair of earrings in gold. Tassles of gold chain hang from a round hoop with pastel blue, cat-eye beads, gingerly hanging at the ends. Contrasting edgy disco-blue beads complement the otherwise demure and fluttery feel. Delicate gold filigree leaves and a flower charm blends interestingly to complete this hippie piece. Matches the Ocean Beads bracelet.

As always, I hope you had a good read. And again, I must load some pieces online for you to devour. I need a photographer or a better camera (any good second hand SLR for sale?)...so that I can take clearer shots of my products. Recommendations, anyone? Please, someone...answer me. LOL! You know where to find me ;)