Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sisters Magazine July 2010

Eng Hang, Fashion Writer from Sister's magazine called to ask if I'd like to share some of my style tips by picking out some pieces of clothing from Padini's Concept Store Outlet. They would put together this selection of clothings that shout my style (*boomz*) on one page together with accessories that I would throw in to spice it up. Of course, we had to include a piece or two from Sze Accessories.
.
I agreed and the story continues, when I got to the store for the shoot that morning, not only was our dear friend already there, he had selectively placed a collectiong of clothings on a rack, all mixed and matched to my style. Suprise, suprise! And he kinda nailed it right on the dot. You see, I was suppose to go there and pick my own clothes. He didn't even have to lift a finger. But he made my work easier, and I didn't have to look around too much.

"How did you know what I would like?" in which he answered, "I did a bit of research and realise that you like classic pieces with a womanly touch."

At least some people still put in the effort to know what you like even though they didn't have too, to begin with. But his professionalism made him deliver more than he needed too and that is not about just meeting my expectations but delivering above expectations. Too many fail to realise that, that is the key to greater excellence.

Well done Eng Hang! I was pretty impressed that he did his homework before hand. What a nice chap too! Oh btw, he's got great complexion! Makes me green with envy ;)

Above: Sisters Magazine Jul 2010 Cover matches my new green-with-envy.

Above: Sisters Magazine featuring my style in simple classic straight cuts. I'm kinda boring in that I like colours like black, white with strong dashes of red (or any bright colour). Oh, I like navy blue and grey too! My personal belongings above (at bottom of page) includes a buckled leather bracelet. a gold classic pearl earrings, an enamel cuff bangle, my classic metal ribboned Gucci and my Zara Moccasins.

Above: Ribbons

Product Code: ER10070001
Selling Price USD 23/ RM69
Product Status: Available
Description Type: Earring
Size: 2.4" x 1.2"
[Handmade and Designed by Sze]

A gold hoop earring with a dainty gold ribbon resting off the sides. A Swarovski pearl in cream hangs from inside the hoop whilst Swarovski bicone crystals in nude, pastel peach, grey and galaxy black nestle at the edge. An elegant piece that oozes a Chanel feel and colour palette.

Above: Black Motive

Product Code: BR100210070
Selling Price USD 24 / RM84
Product Status: Available
Description Type: Cuff Bangle
Size: 2.5" x 2" in diamater [Width 1.3"]

A black shiny surface bangle with a delicate flower motive in dusty gold trimmmings on the front. Classy and vintage looking piece on its own with a pop of colour that stands out against any simple outfit. Can be layered with other stack bangles or bracelets too. Enclosed by magnet.

Above: With Eng Hang from Sister's Magazine. He's such a cutie! And look at that face. Baby smooth skin to die for.

Anyway, moral of the story? Clothes don't have to hide at the back of your closets after a wear or two just because they aren't "in fashion" anymore. Firstly, pick classic pieces that you can mix and match over a longer period of time. Things that don't shout "yesterday" tomorrow.

Secondly, stop carrying your reusable shopping bags while piling it with new clothes every week. Talk about being eco friendly, disposable fashion is totally uncool. And the, "I-can-only-be-seen-wearing-this-once-in-my-Facebook-album" has already done so much damage to the earth by depleting it of it's resources just to meet our idea of being fashion forward by discarding last season's wears.

I try to only buy items that I know will last me a decade :P Call me a granny, but well, at least I'm penny wise ;P And lastly, well, be a smart consumer. Buy only when you have a need. Now I have to go and repeat that mantra to myself. Let's walk the talk and be eco concious.

Be green!
XOXO