Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Origins Plantscriptions Launch

Recently I was invited to do a shoot for an Origin's launch for their newest product on shelf- Plantscription. Before the shoot, we were invited for a private launch of the product where Origin's Sales & Training Manager, Susan Khor ran through a thorough presentation with us on what the product was all about. Later we were given a truck full of products suited to our skintype to try with this new anti-anging serum!"

In their own words: "Although it's not a prescription, in just 4 weeks nature's next generation power plant noticeably reduces wrinkle length & depth. Without the irritation. Visibly helps repair the vertical fret lines between your eyes, the stubborn furrows across your forehead and the deepening frownies that frame your mouth. Youthful "bounce" is revived. Skin is clinically firmer, smoother and more lifted-looking. And with continued use, results improve. What will nature think of next!"

In the next few months, after much improvements to our skin, we were called in for a photoshoot. No, it was not a before and after shoot. It was a really fun one where all the participants had to rate the product on a scale to of 1-10. 10 being the best. How did I rate the product? Well, you'll just have to pop into the Origin's store at The Gardens Mid Valley later this month to see the in-store posters for yourself.

Until then, here are a handfull of the products that I tried and tested (and lurf!!). Aside from all the great effects on my skin, I can't help but be a lady about the packaging. The simple, straight line packaging has inspired me to create some new pieces from a new found technique that I learnt last year. These wirework techniques are so difficult to master. But once I did, I was pretty addicted to it. I made them while watching the tele until there were blisters on my fingers (thank goodness there's always Origins, Make a Difference Rejuvenating Hand Lotion). The pieces are painstalkingly handcrafted and required a lot of time. But alas, they are gorgeously pretty. Check them out below..



Above: Plantscription and Sze's inspiration using round khaki coloured beads against bronze wires. Mocca can be found under our Brown Collection.



Above: Before I started trying out Origins facial care items, I was always a huge fan of their bath & body care selection. I use their scrubs, body wash and moisturisers a whole lot. My favourite is the Gloomaway, Grapefruit Body Souffle which smells so tangy it perks me up. And the texture is just heavenly to apply. So, inspired by the product, I created this Zesty pair of earrings under our Tangerine Collection.



Above: Because of the Plantscription launch, I got to try a whole range of Origins (Facial) Skincare products. And, did you know that they are made up of such delicious ingredients. Just reading the labels make me salivate. Think juicy fruits like apricots, coconut, mango, orange, and promegranate. Such was the inspiration for all things fruity and colourful, I created this Sunshine ring under our Tangerine Collection. It matches the Zesty pair of earrings above.



Above: My favourite skincare product would be- Starting Over which is an age erasing moisturiser. As I age (yes, I admit, pretty old), this product helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It is lightweight and easy to glide on. Doesn't really leave a sticky residue. Love it! Thus, I made two pairs of earrings just thinking about it. Cherry Blossoms and Cotton Candy can be found under our Pink Collection.



Above: And if you're a skincare sceptic (well, everyone who tries on a product an expect immediate effect, will be), these products are sure to Make a Difference (given time!). This botanical breakthrough proves that not all visible skin damage is forever. Origins found a team of skin redeemers that help skin rebound from dramatic dehydration. Insprired by the gorgeous Sea Blue product packagings, you'll find this turquoise pair of earrings under our Eau Collection.



Above: Origins, I love you! What more can I say? This ring represents how I feel! This I Heart You ring with its rainbow of pretty colours can be found under our Emerald Collection.


Check out Sze Accessories Facebook for more pictures :D