Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

S-Ze New Office

FINALLY, after multiple trips to Ikea in search for ideas and slowly filling up the once empty guest room has now been completed. The room is filled to the brim with furniture. Aside from the mandatory work desk and shelves, there's also a TV area with a comfy couch to snooze on during afternoon siesta hours *Wink* and girls DVD night in.

But more than that, like I overheard Jade say, "How can one not be inspired in the work space?" I can't help but totally agree. My new abode is really my dream come through (workplace wise-for the moment). I love that it's white, it's cozy, spacious, welcoming, comfortable, neat, clean, warm....the list really goes on and on and on. And I have none other than my dear fiance to thank, for his effort into setting up a place for me to work in. Of course, there's much shuffling and shifting to and fro from my place to his but until we tie the knott, that's how it's going to be. But I see it like going to work everyday :)

I've always wanted a "white" coloured room (if you call white a colour, that is). It's like an empty pallette you can play with and imagine in. It gives me the feeling of space and clarity. It's chic yet classic. Modern and stylish. And he oblidged. It's just wonderful and amazing how the whole room turned out and I'm just glad that it's done up the way I dreamt it would be. So, welcome to my... world.
.

Above: From the entrance of the white room. We purposely changed the walls from a beige to all white and laminated the floors in the same colour to match. My work desk sits in a corner against a book shelf. Stuck together in perfect symetry. This space saving idea is quite cleverly designed by the Swedish indeed. A couch area with squiggly black carpet gives the room some contrast and a cozier feel. A 32" LDC TV sits gingerly on the wall infront of the (pull out bed) couch.

Above: Close up of my little bubble of a space. With white boxes and magazine sorters as well as a white table lamp to go with the whole feel.

Above: Side profile of the work place. I think she's got a better left profile. A CD rack sits on the side of the bookshelf as a display unit. Perfect for putting 2-3 pieces in each pigeon hole.

Above: My workdesk consist of my inspirational mood boards and little things I can't live without. i.e my iPod Nano, blue Elsa Peretti paper weight from Tiffany, Nokia HP, blue pin striped fine bone China Noritake mug and fresh cream flowers! My favourites are blue and purple hydrangeas but they were not in season.

Above: My tools and work bits. Findings and all.

Above: On my right is a CD shelf (that I mentioned earlier) that we've converted into a display case. New items that are going for sale at the TIC bazaar. More art pendants and brooch. Nothing that you'll be seeing online, so do come for the TIC event at Zouk early Oct 09.
.
Above: Comfy couch needs extra comfy pillows for a hugable experience. A tinge of turquoise, Sze's signature colour to brighten up the otherwise clean pallette.

Above: A little corner with a chest of drawers against the window, that's use (but of course) for storage and doubles up as a display shelf when the need arrises. Natural sunlight streams in from the weaved blinds that cuts the glare but at the same time allows me to see through it to the outside world. Good to be able to tell day from night.

So, that's all folks! That's the little sneak peak into where I will be working and also my personal style preferrence. I have to admit that I'm no interior designer but I love my own place nonetheless and I suppose one can pick up interior designing with more practice. Anyone, for I.D. consultancy? I think it's a good side income... :P Let me help you...KIDDING!

Anyways, it seems like really little for two whole weeks worth of ferrying to and fro from the big yellow and blue warehouse. To say the least, it's been a satisfying experience and good effort put in. I can't wait to throw my friends a party this weekend to officially launch and cut the big ribbon for it's opening!

Hope you like it so far...coming up real soon..."Behind the Scenes from the Martell Video Shoot".

No comments:

Post a Comment