Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

B/W New Handmade Pieces!

Bib necklaces have been in fashion for a bit now. Although, the public reception towards it is still pretty slow. With funny reactions from friends. "Oh, I've seen that thing before and never knew how to wear it" and "It's huge!". But as a jewelry designer, it was the size that really caught my eye. Jewerly tends to do that. They stand out and change the entire look of your attire.

Most of them bib necklaces are clusttered in diamantes (we have lots of sourced ones available at our Isetan KLCC and Isetan The Gardens Promo on the 18th-28th Feb) but I decided to try my hands out at making a filligree one. I made it in an inspirational moment, wore it the very day and had a string or orders that night. Some Japanese and Singaporean friends that I went out with loved it. So, I custom made it for them and thought that maybe my online customers will appreciate it to.

It's a really tedious piece to make as it involves piecing together lots of intricate filigrees with little round hoops. It is very time consuming and straining on my eye. I literally see stars after making it. But the finish product is amazing. I totally am in love with it. I wear it with plain black shirts and I wear it with plain dresses just to spruce things up a bit. Below are the pieces and some pics of me in it. Hope you like it.

Above: Squarez Price: RM133/ USD 38 Type: Necklace Size: 6"x 11"
Details: An intricate handmade necklace designed by Sze. Each filligree painstalkingly pieced together to create this piece of wearable art. Fashioned with black diamantes and black satin ribbon, this bib necklace is a definite head turner. It's bold yet classic, modernly stylish yet timely. Dress it down with jeans or change the look of a simple dress with it's artsy presence. Matches the Rayz earrings in our B/W collection. Handmade by Sze.

Above: Rayz Price: RM56/ USD 16 Type: Earrings Size: 3.5" x 2"
Details: An intricate handmade pair of earrings designed by Sze. Each filligree painstalkingly pieced together to create this piece of wearable art. Fashioned with black diamantes and semi-precious clear quartz. It's bold yet classic, modernly stylish yet timely. Dress it down with jeans or change the look of a simple dress with it's artsy presence. Matches the Squarez necklace in our B/W collection. Handmade by Sze.

Above: May, Sze and Momoko. Sze's wearing the filligree bib necklace with long silver tassles cascading from the bottom of it. Paired with a simple black short sleeve shirt.