Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beading Techniques

Above: Pick of the week...try making one new item a week.

As you know, I went down to Penang, for a short trip just to attend a Swarovski Hotfix class. It was totally unplanned for and thus, I booked the AirAsia tickets the day before, setting me back by RM350 :( But anyway, while at class, I got a bit bored with all the Swarovski (well, my eyes were seeing stars) and moved on to learn something new. After all, I had a bit of time on hand.

Seeing this really pretty bracelet in the shelves, I asked the owner if I could just try and make it. I never really liked the art of "beading" and string all these little beads into a choker or a bracelet cause it was and still is pretty tedious. And boy was I right. It was a long process, and I vowed never again to snicker at those aunties that take eons to make just one item. It took a whole lot of patient and good eye sight!

Anyhow, I succeeded to finish it in the end in my favourite colour. I'm not one for entirely contrasting colours so I tend to match mine to the dot. Not a hippie free spirited person who mixes pinks with her greens :) Although that really is quite a pretty combi, will try it one day.

Above: My choice of beads.

Above: The start of a long journey begins with a baby step of faith...and thus this is how my beading journey took off. One bead at a time...

Above: Tada! Finally completed after 2, 156, 128 hours. Kidding! Took less than a day but I suppose with more practice, I can do it in 5 minutes! :P

Above: The gorgeous etheral bracelet in light baby blue and gold findings. Such a dreamy piece! Love it totally. .

Well, if you are interested in this bracelet and must absolutely have it, like how I had to totally make it, then just email me at admin@szeaccessories.com and let me know your choice of colours and I'll try and make one for you.