Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Personalized Bridesmaid Jewelry: Jerrica Wong

Being friends with a jewelry maker sure has it's perks. And my friends know it. Cause not only am I making individually designed earrings for my bridesmaids in my theme colour, I make them for my friend's bridesmaids too.

I've had a few friends who have requested that I made earrings to match their evening gowns as finding the exact same colour proved to be tough. So, getting me to custom make it for them, makes it less stressful for the bride to be because most of the time, I use Swarovski crystals that have a wide range of colour palete. Sometimes brides even opt for semi-precious stones for the more natural look. But then again, materials really differ from bride to bride.

From my observation, dinner gowns have become less elaborate in the recent years. People are more likely to wear simple gowns compared to fancy ballgowns full of can-can/ netting as modern cuts tend to be more swelt. And thus jewelry has also become less elaborate and chunky. Simple, elegant pieces lend a more subtle grace to the wearer. And thus, more brides have decided to go with intricate custom made pieces.

Below: Jerrica Wong shares her bridesmaid's joy in receiving a custom made Sze Accessories earrings.


Above: Bride's sister wearing a handmade Sze Accessories earrings. Wire twisted into an intricate weave on a round loop, coupled with fleety butterfly charms, semi-precious turquoise and clear quartz stones. The casual yet intricate pair of earrings was a perfect match to her rose garden wedding in Melbourne.

"The minute I handed the Sze Accessories silver gift box nicely wrapped in it's signature turquoise ribbons and personalised name card, I could see excitement twinkle in my bridesmaid's eyes. When they opened the package, they fell in love with the earrings and the matching ring immediately. It was indeed the perfect match to their attire and to my whole entire wedding thematics. It not only had detailed workmanship, it was made from semi-precious stones that added a touch of class to the jewelry and the wearer. Thanks Sze for making my big day extra special." ~Jerrica Wong~

Above: Jerrica Wong in Nuyou Bride Jan 2010 issue.